The Zonta Club of Wollongong celebrate International Women’s Day
The Zonta Club of Wollongong Inc invites you to celebrate International Women’s Day on 6 March at Centro CBD for a 3 course luncheon.
Special guest speaker: Bronwyn Hughes
- 2007 Wollongong Young Citizen of the Year
- Programme Coordinator at Sangam, an international centre of the Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts located in Pune, India.
- Led the delegations for the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts to COP 16, 17 and 18, the United Nations Climate Change Conferences.
- Project manager of GOLD, a project which sees young women leaders from Australia and New Zealand assisting in the development of community projects with the Girl Guide Association of Tonga.
- Inclusion Officer at Girl Guides NSW & ACT and is responsible for ensuring that girls and young women from all backgrounds are able to access and are included in the programs.
- Lead volunteer in the implementation of Free Being Me, a program which focuses on increasing girls’ body confidence and self-esteem across the Australian guiding community.
The ZONTA Young Women in Public Affairs Award honours young women between 16 to 19 years who demonstrate a commitment to leadership in public policy, government and volunteer organizations and are fabulous advocates for the advancement of the status of women.
The Zonta Club of Wollongong is part of a global organisation which aims to empower women worldwide through service and advocacy. We currently fundraise and pack Birthing Kits for developing counties and support local women by providing toiletry packs and clothing to the Illawarra women’s refuge, and study grants and awards to encourage and support women in education and business. If interested in joining this global women’s organisation visit www.zonta.org
To purchase tickets and for further information please contact Susan Reid on 0407 008 297 or Grace Freckelton at Grace.Audrey@hotmail.com