Beginners Guide to Cryptocurrencies
Ever wanted to learn what a Bitcoin really is? Come and learn from AFR renowned cryptocurrency instructor. With hands-on learning and a crash course through what the technology really is.
From the Instructor:
This course is about where to get started with cryptocurrencies, and I have put together a course which goes through the basics of the technology behind them, and how to get started buying, trading and using them.
This course will cover:
- What is the technology and how does it differ from traditional currency
- Practical experience in exchanging digital currency, person-to-person
- Trading paper money made from cryptocurrency
- How to set up wallets and manage them across different places
- Introduction to the most popular coins and their technologies
- Creating an account with the most popular exchanges
- A demonstration of how to trade between currencies
You will leave with $10AUD worth of cryptocurrency in your account, these are provided so that you can get involved during the workshop.
If you are confused about how to get setup and buy-in, this is the easiest way. I spent 3 weeks getting an account setup and missed a huge surge in Ethereum. I have set this course up so that anyone can get started and understand what exactly it is and various reasons why people value it.
What you will receive
- 10 AUD of Cryptocurrencies
- 3 hour hand on workshop with Meow
- Course resources
- Free week trial at Zig-Zag co-working space
What to bring
- Your Laptop
About the instructor: Meow
2017 Australian Financial Review True Leader Game Changer, Meow co-founded BioFoundry – a hacker science centre, in 2005.
Meow and BioFoundry’s mission is to democratise science by lowering the technological and cost barrier.