Elton John in Wollongong | What You Need to Know
Find all you need to know about attending the ‘Once in a Lifetime’ Elton John concert at WIN Stadium on Sunday, 24 September 2017.
Gates open at WIN Stadium – 4pm.
Support Act Busby Marou – 5:30pm.
Sir Elton John – 6:30pm.
Times are subject to change without notice.
Ticket purchase and Ticketmaster collections will be available from
WIN Stadium Gate A Box Office (located Harbour/Burelli Street), and will open from 2:00pm on show day.
Important! BAG SIZES WILL BE STRICTLY OBSERVED.
WIN Stadium encourages patrons not to bring any bags, however, small bags (up to (W)25cm x (H)20cm x (D)10cm) will be permitted.
All patrons with bags will be subject to bag checking and other security measures at external gates upon entry to the venue.
Cloakroom facilities will not be available at the event. Prohibited items may be confiscated, so if in doubt leave it in the car or at home.
Pass outs will be available at the concert. Patrons will be required to obtain a pass out from any of the public gates (Gate A, B, C and D) upon exit.
Patrons will be able to re-enter the venue on the condition that they are in possession of the issued pass out and their valid event ticket.
FOOD & BEVERAGES
A wide range of catering outlets will be available including bar service. EFTPOS facilities will be made available at all food and beverage outlets.
Proof of age photo ID is required to purchase or consume alcohol, and service will not be provided to patrons who are intoxicated or under 18 years of age. The venue reserves the right to deny entry to and/or evict intoxicated patrons or under-age patrons found with alcohol. No alcohol can be removed from WIN Stadium.
WIN Stadium is a smoke-free venue. Smoking is not permitted within the venue, however, patrons who wish to smoke will need to obtain a pass out at external gates where they will be directed to suitable locations outside the venue.
Patron first aid will be available on site. Should you need rst aid assistance, please notify a member of venue staff.
ATMs are located inside all public gates (Gate A, C, & D), however, to avoid queues throughout the event patrons are advised to come prepared with suf cient cash for the entire evening.
POLICE & SECURITY
For your safety, security guards, RSA Marshals and police will be on site.
The concert will proceed rain or shine. Only exceptionally severe weather conditions will affect the performance, so be prepared for either scenario. Umbrellas are not permitted in the venue, so bring a raincoat or poncho if inclement weather is predicted.
GETTING TO & FROM THE CONCERT
As the local road network surrounding the venue can get congested on event days, we strongly recommend that all patrons:
• Leave plenty of travel time to arrive at the venue
• Consider public transport options
• Consider drop off/pick up options
• Park legally and considerately
A taxi rank is located across the road from WIN Stadium outside the Steelers Club on Burelli Street. There is also an additional taxi rank located adjacent to WIN Entertainment Centre on the corner of Crown & Harbour Streets.
FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE
Additional shuttle bus services will be made available for patrons attending the Elton John concert at WIN Stadium. The shuttle loop will capture Wollongong Train Station and GPT Gateway Parking Station (P3 – Keira Street & Kenny Street Entries). The ‘Elton Shuttle’ will run in intervals from 3:00pm – 7:00pm for patron arrival, and again from 8:30pm – 10:30pm for departure of patrons at the conclusion of the concert.
Extra capacity rail services have been scheduled to assist concert patrons travelling in North & South directions, both for arrival to Wollongong and on your way home. Patrons are encouraged to view services available via transportnsw.info.
DROP OFF/PICK UP POINTS
A drop off zone will be in operation on Burelli Street between Harbour and Corrimal Streets. Access to this area of the precinct at the conclusion of the event may be limited, and patrons are asked to be patient.
There are approximately 1,200 parking spaces located within close proximity, and only a few minutes walking distance, from WIN Stadium. A full listing can be found through wollongong.nsw.gov.au.
MOBILITY RESTRICTED ACCESS
For the mobility-impaired, WIN Stadium offers ease of access through all external entry gates (all at ground level with no steps). Limited accessible parking is located in Stewart Street East carpark, however, it must be reserved pre-event through Ticketmaster on 02 4220 2884.
The following road closures will be in place for the concert:
• Harbour Street, North bound (between Stewart & Burelli Streets) • Harbour Street, South bound (between Burelli & Crown Streets)
• Quilkey Place (access road behind WIN Entertainment Centre)
WHAT TO BRING
- Concert tickets
- Jacket or poncho for inclement weather. Umbrellas will not be permitted.
- Sunscreen and sun hat
- Comfortable shoes
- Small personal cameras and camera phones are permitted. Professional cameras with detachable lenses and all video recording devices are not permitted.
- Please remember that there are limited ATM facilities at the venue so come prepared with enough cash for the evening.
WHAT NOT TO BRING/PROHIBITED ITEMS
- Glass or cans
- Alcoholic beverages cannot be brought into, or leave, the venue
- No commercial food to be brought into the venue
- Flares/ reworks, laser pointers
- Knives or other dangerous weapons
- Horns, trumpets, sirens, musical instruments or Vuvuzela type of noise making devices
- Animals, including dogs and other pets (except for authorised assistance dogs)
- Any item, which as deemed by WIN Stadium, can cause public nuisance or offence to any user of the stadium
- Scooters, roller skates, skateboards and push bikes
- Confetti or shredded paper
- Professional cameras with detachable lenses and audio or video recording devices, including tripods
- Oversized banners and ags which are deemed to cause public nuisance. Special coonditions may apply for some events regarding the entry of flagpoles, flags and banners.
- Fold up chairs or bean bags
- Audio or video recording devices
- Umbrellas, tents & sunshades
- Drinks or drink bottles of any kind
- Picnic baskets & eskies
- Illegal or illicit substances of any kind
- Poles, sticks, banners or oversized ags
- Any other object that the promoter or venue considers inappropriate or dangerous, or may affect the enjoyment of other patrons.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Persons may be refused entry for, but not limited to, the following:
- Any person deemed to be intoxicated and/or disorderly
- Any person deemed to be intoxicated and/or disorderly
- Any person holding a ticket deemed to be tampered with or unauthorized.
- Any person who does not comply with a request from any authorised person including the organiser/promoter, venue staff, security, or regulatory bodies
NO UNAUTHORISED/UNLICENSED VENDORS ALLOWED
Important: This information was sourced from WIN Sports and Entertainment Centre’s website.
Please refer to wsec.com.au for up to date information.