The Starfish Education Centre in Kiama is your “one stop shop” for all your educational advice, products, assessments and tutoring services catering from Wollongong to Nowra.
The Starfish Education Centre offers an wide array of services including:
- Quality educational advice backed by a Masters Degree in Special Education
- Academic assessments and/or referrals for cognitive assessments
- Strong links with other professionals
- Individualised tutoring that target specific learning goals and builds confidence (reading, spelling, maths, gaps in learning)
- Intensive teaching programs to gain maximum results rapidly
- School readiness programs
- Products that cater to the scientist within, early childhood, spelling literacy, maths and more
- Guidance for the selection of the best games and resources to meet individual needs
- An array of hand-selected, top quality educational products that make great gifts
- Specialist programs and consulting for children/students with significant special needs, trauma background, history of poor school attendance, behavioural issues and disengagement from schooling
The owner, Kirstie Wishart, holds a Masters Degree in Special Education, and lectured for many years at the University of Wollongong.
Kirstie continues to add to her broad and extensive knowledge by undertaking regular training in a wide variety of educationally relevant topics/area. Kirstie spent several years on the NSW SPELD committee, and has worked with a number of other professionals with whom she maintains strong links.
As a teacher and a parent, Kirstie is always looking for the best educational games, resources and strategies to best facilitate a child’s learning. Starfish Education Centre saves you time and money as the searching has been done for you! And, Kirstie is happy to share her knowledge, expertise and experience.
Starfish Education Centre aims to be the best education shop around by helping one person at a time to reach their goals!