Accredited Mental Health First Aid Training | Mental Health Movement
Join course facilitator Chris Houston from the Mental Health Movement for an accredited 2-day Mental Health First Aid course on 9 and 10 August at the UOW Innovation Campus.
- Signs and symptoms of the common and disabling mental health problems
- How to provide initial help
- Where and how to get professional help
- What sort of help has been shown by research to be effective
- How to provide mental health first aid in a crisis situation
- Anxiety problems
- Substance use problems.
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviors
- Non-suicidal self-injury (sometimes called deliberate self-harm)
- Panic attacks
- Traumatic events
- Severe effects of drug or alcohol use
- Severe psychotic states
- Aggressive behaviors.
- A 2-day training package (6 hours per day)
- Parking and food provided
Course participants receive a copy of the Standard MHFA Manual to keep and a Certificate of Completion.