Art4Refugees Exhibition Opening Night
Art4refugees is an annual charity art exhibition and major fundraising event for SCARF (Strategic Community Assistance to Refugee Families) – a volunteer-based community organisation supporting refugees starting a new life in the Illawarra. This unique event sees artists donate their artworks for public purchase with 100% of sale proceeds directed to SCARF.
To officially launch the Art4Refugees 2017 exhibition, SCARF Refugee Support will be hosting a special Opening Night event celebrating art, community and culture.
Artworks exhibited at Art4Refugees are curated to be diverse in style and medium, ensuring there’s an artwork for everyone’s taste. The exhibition proudly exhibits quality works by both unknown and nationally acclaimed artists, most of whom are from our local area. In the past, Art4Refugees has exhibited artists such as Archibald Prize short-listed Blak Douglas, George Gittoes, India Mark, Paul Ryan, Auguste Blackman and Sallie Moffatt.
The Opening Night event will feature:
- Traditional Syrian cuisine
- Peformances by Sako Dermenjian (classical Guitarist) and Manal Younus (spoken word artist)
- An address and performance by celebrated artist and musician, Blak Douglas
- A free drink on arrival & a drinks bar
- First opportunity to purchase a range of quality artworks
- A chance to have an enjoyable night while supporting a good cause (all proceeds got to SCARF!)
Tickets* are $60 (including a drink on arrival and Syrian tasters prepared by our SCARF Community Members). All proceeds form ticket sales go directly to SCARF to support their work. *Limited capacity available.