Bike Week 2019 – Ride the Gong
Bring your bike and the family and join us on Saturday 21 September 2019 at Lang Park, Wollongong, to celebrate NSW Bike Week 2019.
We’ll have plenty of free activities, including bike safety checks, helmet exchange, talks on how to keep your bike safe and secure, and more.
Bike Fundamentals Workshops
Book now for the Bike Fundamentals workshops with Sydney Bike Skills
- Junior riders: two workshops, first at 9am and a second at 10am
- Teenagers/Adult Riders: one two-hour workshop from 11am
Giant Bicycles will conduct free bike safety checks and pump your tyres. Transport for NSW will hold free helmet exchange [swap your old helmet for a new one]. Wollongong Police will provide advice on how to secure your bike and keep it safe.
- We’ll have entertainment from Tom Foolery, the Ultimate Part Entertainer
- The Illawarra Bicycle Users Group, iBUG, will provide information and advice
- Free helmet exchange with Transport for NSW, swap your old helmet for a new one (while stocks last)
- Advice on keeping your bike safe and secure with Wollongong Police District
- Children’s entertainment with circus and magic by Tom Foolery the Ultimate Party Entertainer
- We’ll also have free giveaways and prizes on the day
You can also pick up a copy of the Wollongong Cycling Map & Guide and there’ll be bike rentals available on the day.
Bike rentals will be available on the day from South Coast Bike Hire
Call our Road Safety Officer on 4227 7111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.