Early Start Speaker Series – Digital Technologies & Young Children
Not all screen time is created equal!
The reality is that many children are accessing digital technologies and we have a responsibility to ensure these are being used in the best possible ways.
Let go of the guilt and join UOW Early Start Professor Lisa Kervin for an in-depth look at quality screen time and digital play for children aged 3 to 8 years.
What you’ll learn
- What to look for when children are engaging in digital play
- How to shift your focus on screen time from quantity to quality
- How to make decisions about digital technology use
– the what, when and how
- How to model best practice when using digital technologies
- Guidance on how to select apps for young children
(Take-home guide included)
Date: Wednesday 21 August
Time: 6pm – 7.30pm
Location: Building 21, G.08, Early Start, University of Wollongong
Cost: $15/non members. $7.50/members