Fire and Rescue NSW Open Day
Fire and Rescue NSW (FRNSW) will hold its annual Open Day on Saturday 18 May 2019 with fire stations across the State giving visitors a personal glimpse into Australia’s busiest fire and rescue service.
When: Saturday, 18 May 2019
Time: 9.00am – 2.00pm
Participating Fire Stations in the Wollongong Region include:
- Wollongong, Fire Station 32-36 Denison Street, Wollongong
- Unanderra Fire Station, 80 Central Road, Unanderra
- Corrimal Fire Station, 120 Princes Highway, Corrimal
- Warrawong Fire Station, 48-50 King Street, Warrawong
- Bulli Fire Station, 325-327 Princes Highway, Bulli
- Dapto Fire Station, 88 Byamee Street, Dapto
- Thirroul Fire Station, 240 Lawrence Hargrave Drive, Thirroul
Open Day includes safety demonstrations, fire station tours and the chance to inspect firefighting equipment and trucks used by our firefighters when responding to fires and other emergencies. There is also an array of activities for kids.
Visitors can also speak to firefighters first-hand about fire safety in the home, including how to install and maintain smoke alarms and how to develop a home escape plan to ensure they can quickly and safely escape a fire.
Please also note that if you get to your station and it is closed, it may be responding to an emergency.