Ride the Gong Bike Week 2018
Register for free bike education workshops taking place on Saturday, 22 September at Lang Park, Wollongong.
The day will include:
- Free bike safety checks thanks to Simple Cycles;
- Free helmet exchange with Roads and Maritime Services (while stocks last);
- Children’s entertainment with circus and magic on the move with Tom Foolery;
- Keep your bike safe and secure with NSW Police;
- Bike rentals available from South Coast Bike Hire ((discounted fees apply – $10/hour or $25/four hours); and
- Free prizes and giveaways to be won.
Workshops are presented by Rideability and open to riders of all ages and abilities.
Workshops are free.
BYO bike and helmet or borrow one from Rideability.
Family Cycling Workshop
Time: 9.30am – 10.30am
Learn how to ride together safely as a family.
Includes tips for supervising children on your rides, as well as some basic bike skills. REGISTER HERE
Bike Fundamentals Workshop
Time: 11.00am – 12.00pm
Get some skills and tips to make your riding safer and more enjoyable! Includes braking techniques, hand signals, bike set up, helmet fit and progression of skills. Bookings recommended.
Register online or phone the Road Safety Officer on 4227 7111. REGISTER HERE
Contact Wollongong City Council (Road Safety Officer) on 4227 7111 or email
for more information.
Proudly supported by Wollongong City Council, the NSW Government and partners: