Science Centre & Planetarium 50% OFF
Lots of fun for half the price at Wollongong’s Science Centre & Planetarium.
Great news! Famly has partnered with the Wollongong Science Centre and Planetarium to offer 50% off tickets!
Come and enjoy a day of fun and learning for the whole family. There’s so much to see, do and learn. See below for what the centre offers.
PLEASE NOTE: You need to select a date so the system can create ticket(s). However the ticket(s) can be redeemed for a single visit, any date the Centre is open until 31/01/2018.
The exhibit gallery consists of over 100 hands-on exhibits which demonstrate science, engineering and technology in action. Spread across two floors, there are exhibits on dinosaurs, fossils, illusions, motors and electricity, to challenge even the most logical minds.
The South32 Science Theatre offers an assortment of educational science shows for a range of ages. From exploding balloons with nitrogen gas to being placed inside a bubble, these shows will help unveil the secrets of science.
Watch day turn into night as you explore stars and constellations in our Planetarium, the largest planetarium in NSW. Experience full-dome immersive shows and learn about topics such as the universe, nano-technology, the evolution of life and the night sky.
Spontaneous science fun! On weekends and school holidays find the staff busking on the exhibit floors. Enjoy hands-on science experiments and demonstrations. Activities could include gemstones, stick insects, skeletons and the human body.
The Science Shop is one of the most extensive science shops in Australia and carries a wide range of science products. From telescopes to slime, the shop has products for teaching, exploring, learning or for just having fun.
The kiosk offers a place to relax during your visit and enjoy a coffee, drink or snack. It serves a delicious variety of hot foods including sausage rolls, spinach ricotta rolls, pies, lasagne and macaroni cheese. Fresh sandwiches and salads are also available during school holidays. High chairs are available.
There are a wide range of facilities at the Centre including free parking, free bag storage, change table, and an outdoor eating area with undercover seating. Visitors are welcome to bring picnic lunch or purchase from our kiosk. An ATM is located close by in iC Central. The Centre is also wheelchair accessible, with a lift available.
The Science Centre & Planetarium is open 6 days from 10am-4pm (Thursday to Tuesday) during the school term.
During school holidays, the Centre is open 7 days from 10am-4pm.
The Centre is closed on New Years Day, Australia Day, Easter Sunday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- Weekday shows (during school terms) are scheduled for booked schools and groups. Limited tickets may be available to the public but are not guaranteed. Please ask at reception upon arrival for more details.
- In peak busy times such as school holidays, planetarium and science shows can book out. Please arrive early to avoid disappointment. Show tickets are issued on a first come, first served basis.
- General Entry AND Combined Entry includes free entry to live science shows (subject to availability).
- Not valid with any other offer.
- You agree to the Famly terms and conditions
- Offer must be redeemed by 31/01/2018
- Please print out or show the attached PDF ticket(s) on mobile to reception upon entry.
- Children entry price applies to children between 4 and 16.
- Children must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult. Children under the age of 16 will not be admitted without an accompanying adult.
- Carers must carry a valid companion or carers card.