Australia Day Aquathon 2020
Come join the celebration when the Australia Day Aquathon returns to Wollongong Harbour for it’s 21 Year Anniversary in 2020.
One of the Illawarra’s premier sporting and community events, this all ages, all abilities community event attracts a huge audience spanning beginners, kids, Olympic athletes and anyone in between.
Early Bird Entries
Early Bird Entries are NOW OPEN for the 21st-anniversary edition of the ‘biggest swim-run in the country’ the 2020 MMJ Australia Day Aquathon .
All Ages, All Abilities – Events
- Long Aqua – enter as an individual or as a two-person tag team with one swimmer and one runner.
- Short Aqua – the perfect swim and run experience for all ages and levels.
- Mini Aqua – the ideal, entry-level, safe and fun distance or perfect for a shorter hit out.
- Kids – just for kids 6-12 years of age. Finisher medals for all who take part!!
- Walk, Run – FUN! – perfect for the whole family.
The swim consists of a flat swim within the protected Wollongong Harbour supported by experienced lifesavers.
Enjoy a flat run taking in the Illawarra’s premier ‘Blue Mile’ cycleway, North Beach and views up the spectacular coastline.
The course is well marshaled, traffic-free with plenty of drink stations along the way.
Warrigal Australia Day Walk, Run – Fun!
Starting at 10am on Australia Day morning, it’s an inclusive event for all ages. Come on your own, friends, family, bring your nan, pop, or grandkids and celebrate a fantastic community event.
A spectacular scenic 4km course awaits, taking in the historic Wollongong Boat Harbour, ‘blue-mile’, tramway, North Beach to Stuart Park and back.