Welcome to the What’s On in Wollongong site (the Site). These are our Terms & Conditions for use of the Site. These Terms & Conditions apply whenever you access the site, regardless of how you access the Site.
Use of this site
What’s On in Wollongong ABN 24 720 417 691 (WOiW) is the owner and operator of the Site.
Users of the Site, including Advertisers and Members (Users or you) agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any other notices and guidelines which appear on the Site, which are subject to change at WOiW’s sole discretion. Your use of and access to this Site indicates your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, as they exist at that time.
The Site is made available for personal use only. You may not use the Site or the directory contained on the Site for any commercial purpose (other than for the adding to or correcting of information contained in the directory), in accordance with the Terms & Conditions, including to supply another service, or to obtain information which you either incorporate into your service or product or use to enhance your service or product or your business in any way such as creating potential customer lists. Any commercial use requires prior written approval from WOiW.
Content (Content) refers to all information, including but not limited to data, text, images and multimedia, that is displayed in a business listing on the Site or directory.
Users will not:
- use the Site for any purpose or in any way which is contrary to the Terms & Conditions or which is unlawful, including but not limited to breaching intellectual property rights, linking to a listing in the Directory any defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, unlawful, obscene, offensive, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable material of any kind;
- submit or otherwise link to the directory, whether for automatic upload or otherwise, or otherwise propagate material of any kind which contains computer worms, viruses or other types of malicious or harmful code;
- damage, modify, interfere with disrupt or destroy the files, data, passwords, devices or resources that belong to WOiW or do anything that compromises the security and/or stability of the Site or the directory;
- use the Site in connection with the transmission of junk mail, spam, chain letters or to engage in other flooding techniques or mass distribution of unsolicited email; or
- send automated queries of any kind to the Site or the directory without WOiW’s express written permission.
- to abide by the Terms & Conditions;
- to provide accurate, current and complete information at all times;
- to maintain the security of passwords and/or identification;
- to be fully responsible for all account use and for any actions that take place with regard to the account, including accepting liability for all information, data, text, or other matter on WOiW whether publicly posted or privately transmitted to and from the account;
- not to impersonate or misrepresent their affiliation with a particular business listing and products and services they provide;
- not to post or upload Content which contains hidden code or images which do not relate to or which alter the intended meaning of the original Content; and
- that WOiW has the right to suspend or terminate an Account and refuse any and all current or future use of the site or directory.
In signing up as a Business Owner you:
- agree that you are the registered business owner or authorised representative of the business being registered;
- agree that your business, like all businesses displayed on the Site are subject to receive ratings and reviews from Users;
- acknowledge that, to the extent permitted by law, WOiW is not liable for any Content that causes you or your business any loss or damage;
- acknowledge that WOiW reserves the right to include or exclude entry to, or remove a business from the Site and the directory; and
- understand that WOiW at its sole discretion will determine the utilisation of all keywords, categories, Content and other material used to describe or categorise a business listing for all purposes relating to the Site and the directory.
Except where stated otherwise, all intellectual property in relation to Content on this Site belongs to WOiW. You obtain no interest in that intellectual property. All Content on the site is protected by Australian and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may not do anything which interferes with or breaches those laws or the intellectual property rights in the Content.
Liability & Indemnity
WOiW does not warrant the accuracy of the Content on the Site, including but not limited to any third party sites or resources. All Content is provided to you “as is” and on an “as available” basis and on the condition that you undertake all responsibility for assessing the accuracy of the Content and rely on it at your own risk. Content represents the views of the writer only and not the views of WOiW. All Content on the Site may be changed and/or removed at WOiW’ sole discretion and without notice.
WOiW will have no responsibility or liability in relation to any loss or damage that you incur, including damage to your software or hardware, arising from your use of or access to this Site.
WOiW does not warrant that functions contained in the Site Content, such as hyperlinks, will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that WOiW or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or bugs.
You indemnify WOiW against any action, claim, loss or expense which it incurs which arises from your use of the Site.
Third Party Content & Links
This Site may include third party content which is subject to that third party’s terms and conditions of use. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting any license or right for you to use that Content.
This Site may include links to third party sites which are not related to WOiW and in relation to which WOiW has no control or interest. The appearance of those links on this Site does not indicate any relationship between WOiW and that third party or any endorsement by WOiW of that third party, its site or the products or services which it is advertising on this Site.
When you submit Content to WOiW in any format, including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio, you grant WOiW a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual licence to publish or otherwise use that Content in any way, at any time.
WOiW reserves the right not to use the Content you submit.
You warrant that you have all of the necessary rights, including copyright, in the Content you contribute, that your Content is not defamatory and that it does not infringe any law.
You indemnify WOiW against any and all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by WOiW as a result of a breach of the above warranty.
Unless otherwise stated, you waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site.
- These Terms & Condition shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of New South Wales.
- Any notice to be served to WOiW under this agreement must be served by registered post:
Attention: What’s On in Wollongong
PO Box 231
Corrimal NSW 2518
If we hold personal information about you, you are able to access, change and update your personal information at any time by going to the ‘My Account’ area of the site or by contacting us via email.